There are many ways that you can help Nantucket Community Sailing. Here are a few of our needs for the upcoming year:
- High School and Summer Sailing Teams - Support our local Whaler's sailing team with new/repaired drysuits; volunteer as an assistant coach; help with post-regatta cook-outs; enable better on-the-water coaching with a hard bottom inflatable coach boat
- Jetties Sailing Center - The Rhodes 19s, Marshall 15s and Lasers need new sails and rigging; we need additional kayaks and stand up paddle boards for Watersports Camp and rentals; we could use a hard-bottom inflatable for assistance/rescues out on the water.
- Youth Sailing Program - Help fund scholarships so that Nantucket youth can learn to sail and provide new pfd's for the sailors.
- Housing - we need summer housing for our instructors. We would especially appreciate the use of a small cottage or two.
- Equipment Donations and Repair - We always appreciate donations of boats, moorings, and trailers. We are happy to take your used sails and recycle them into totes and bags. We can always use help to repair our equipment - from carpentry to painting to replacing sails to moving boats.
- Event volunteers - We have a series of events coming up this summer, and need volunteers to help us, from planning the events, to coordinating vendors and supplies, to working at the event.
Please call us at 508-228-6600 if you think you can assist NCS with any of the above needs or if you believe you have an idea that would help NCS continue to grow and further pursue our mission!