Book a Private Lesson with NCS
June 25, 2020
Dear NCS Families,
We hope that you received our previous communication on Sunday, June 14th regarding our current plan for Summer 2020 programming. We will open for the season at our Jetties Sailing Center (only) on Monday, July 13th.
While we won't be able to accommodate all of our students in group classes, we will be offering private lessons. We are planning for Phase 2, when we open on Monday, July 13th - which means that, to start, we will only be allowed to offer private lessons in single-handed boats: Optis. These lessons will be for a single student, coached from a coachboat, so students need to have basic sailing skills under their belts.
We are hopeful that if as reopening Nantucket continues, we will be able to expand our lesson offerings to true beginners, adults, and same-family members, coached from inside the boat (ie. in RS Quests or Rhodes 19s), as well as in 420s.
Guidelines for Opti Lessons:
• Prior sailing experience. This would be 2 years in Whalers, or 1+ years in Opti Green, Opti Blue, Opti Race, etc.
• Opti lessons will be for students ages 8-14. The maximum student size in an opti is ~5' and ~100lbs.
• Students should be comfortable sailing alone in the boat.
• Students will be asked to follow all the same Covid-19 Policies and Procedures, as in group classes.
*Once the Massachusetts reopening guidelines allow us to do so, we will be happy to offer private lessons to anyone (child or adult, beginner or advanced sailor), in Rhodes 19s, 420s, and RS Quests, and will communicate that these lessons are available for booking.
2020 Private Lesson Information:
• Monday, July 13 - Friday, August 14
• 7 days/week
• 10am or 1pm (2 slots available at each time)
• 2 hours
If you are interested in booking a private lesson (Optis only, to start), please contact email@example.com to confirm date and time (see schedule, below). Once confirmed, you will then be asked to register on your Active account, where we will take payment or transfer funds from cancelled classes.
Thank you and we hope to see you on the water!