Rainy Day Resources
At NCS, we're always looking for ways to keep sailing in your life, even when weather or other circumstances don't allow you to be on the water! Check out our Rainy Day Resource Page often, as we continue to update regularly!
- Looking for a fun way to stay connected to sailing? Check out the US Sailing Starboard Portal for new videos and live presentations and discussions.
- Check out this short video of our students participating in the 2019 Coffin Cup Regatta, courtesy of the Inquirer & Mirror.
- Looking for some crafty ways to keep your young sailors busy? Here's a fun website to learn how to make DIY sailboats!
- Test your sailing knowledge with a free online boating course!
- Get the family together, make a big bowl of popcorn and put on your favorite pajamas! Tune in to watch Adrift. A true story of adventure and survival as two sailors set out on a journey across the sea. Rated PG-13.
- Break out the box of Crayolas with these nautical themed coloring pages.
- An inspirational, autobiographical book for teens and adults!!! Read Maiden Voyage, by Tania Aebi. Tania is an 18 year old NYC bike messenger, who, when challenged by her father, becomes the first and youngest woman to sail around the world alone.
- Race Some of the Best Courses in the World with Virtual Skipper.The Ultimate 3D Regatta Online Simulation.
- Brush up on your knot tying with this essential YouTube video of Five Knots You Need To Know.
- Bouy, by Bruce Balan, is a wonderful, heartwarming tale that is perfect for your sailor ages 9+.
- Keep your brain sharp with online sailing quizzes! Quizlet is a great resource for continually testing your sailing smarts!
- Fun Movie Night!! Curl up for the long haul and watch the Pirates of the Caribbean series!
- Fun for toddlers! Follow along the Read Aloud version of "Little Blue Boat".
- Sail online in a virtual regattahttps://www.virtualregatta.com/en/.
- Take a FREE online boating safety course.
- Watch this inspiring Ted talk about a young man's solo sail from Maine to Mexico, and back!