NCS Program Details
Tiny Salts (ages 2-4)
November 18, 2022
Join NCS for a unique program, Tiny Salts, for toddlers ages 2 and 3 this summer! Younger 4 year-olds are also welcome to join this class, if an introduction to sailing alongside a caregiver feels more comfortable! On Tuesdays, from either 9:00AM to 10:00AM or 10:30AM to 11:30AM, we'll introduce your child to sailboats, kayaks, paddleboards, the seashore and more. We'll meet at our Jetties Sailing Center and children must be accompanied by a caregiver - and both the child and the caregiver should plan to get wet, as we jump in and out of boats, sing sailing songs, and learn some new 'sailing' words! Capacity is limited to 12 students/toddlers. Tiny Salts is a one-off program that will occur on seven Tuesdays throughout the summer. Tiny Salt participants will be limited to 3 classes. *We recommend coming early! Hit the playground at Jetties and then walk over to see us. After class, you can head over to the Sandbar Restaurant with new friends for lunch. Make a morning of it!
What to bring:
- Bathing suit (please have it on, under shorts and t-shirt is fine!)
- Closed toe shoes – that can be worn in and out of the water -- mandatory
- Towel and warm, dry clothes to change into
- Snack, water bottle (we will not stop for a snack, but in case your toddler is hungry afterwards)
- Life jacket - wearing one is mandatory. We'll provide one, but you are also welcome to bring one – either a Type III USCG-approved vest OR the USCG approved swim-aid by Body Glove.
- *The Sandbar Restaurant has changing facilities and bathrooms, if-needed!
Tiny Salts will take place on the following Tuesdays in 2023: July 4, July 11, July 18, July 25, August 1, August 8, and August 15. The class will run a morning session from 9:00AM to 10:00AM and a mid-morning session from 10:30AM to 11:30AM. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to check in.
Where: Jetties Sailing Center, Jetties Beach
*We recommend coming early! Hit the playground at Jetties and then walk over to see us. After class, you can head over to the Sandbar Restaurant with new friends for lunch. Make a morning of it!