Founded in 1994, Nantucket Community Sailing (NCS) is a non-profit, educational organization providing affordable recreational access to sailing & various water sports to the public. We continue to improve community access to our waters and strive to strengthen the island's historical maritime traditions by:
- Hosting the Opera House Cup Regatta , a "classic" wooden sailboat race.
- Providing free access to equipment and instruction to many community outreach programs.
- Sponsoring and running Nantucket's High School Varsity and Club Sailing Teams.
- Implementing an alternative Watersport Outreach class in the Nantucket High School's physical education curriculum.
- Offering scholarships to year-round island youth.
- Running informal sailboat races for all levels.
- Teaching adaptive windsurfing and rowing clinics for disabled athletes.