Jetties Sailing Center memberships are valid from the current seasons opening day through the current seasons closing day. Memberships must be renewed annually. JSC Memberships are non-transferable and defined as:
Friend & Donor - Any individual of any age.
Student - Anyone with a valid student or college ID. Nantucket teachers are also eligible to receive this rate, with ID.
Couple - One adult and their partner, both 18 years of age or older.
Adult - Any adult, 18 years of age or older. This membership covers one person only.
Senior - Adults ages 65 years or older.
Paddle - Discounted membership for unlimited use of our kayaks and stand-up paddle boards, excludes sailboats and discounts on lessons.
Family - Two adults and their children under the age of 18. This is intended for a nuclear family for example two parents/caregivers and their children.
*Westmoor Members – Westmoor members are JSC "Family' members. However, we ask that any Westmoor Members, who use the JSC more than 3 times, become a Jetties Sailing Center Family Member on their own.
*Members may bring a single guest at no additional charge, as long as the guest shares a single piece of equipment with the member (large or small sailboat or double kayak).
*Members do not have priority over non-members, with the exception of during Mornings for Members. NCS will also accept Westmoor Club members (JSC Family Members) and JSC membership coupons during Mornings for Members.
*Exceptions for additional equipment use by the member (more than 3 items) may be made at the discretion of the Site Manager.
*NCS members may not use NCS equipment or facilities for any other than personal use. No commercial use, private lessons and/or payments for these lessons are allowed. This is grounds for dismissal from the site and for having the membership revoked, without refund.
Customers and Members:
- The customer or member is ultimately responsible for their own safety and for checking weather conditions, tides, and currents prior to rental.
- Nantucket Community Sailing reserves the right to revoke any membership at any time, without refund, for abuse of the membership, equipment, or violation of NCS policies.
- All Coast Guard, State, and local laws must be observed at all times when using NCS equipment. If you are unclear about these laws, please ask an NCS staff member.
- The customer or member is responsible for inspecting boat and safety equipment prior to leaving the beach or mooring and requesting any equipment that might be necessary (such as radio, lines, blocks, etc.)
- By taking the boat, the customer or member acknowledges that the boat is safe and seaworthy and properly equipped and agrees to the terms of NCS membership and rentals.
- Upon return, the customer or member must notify the Jetties Sailing Center shack of any problem that occurred during the rental, including any damage to an NCS boat or another boat.
- The customer or member is financially and legally responsible for any damage to any boat or equipment, NCS-owned or privately owned.
- Per the terms of the NCS waiver, customers accept full responsibility for all losses, costs, and damages incurred as a result of their participation in the activity.